Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic dentistry option to improve the appearance of your smile. This treatment utilizes thin shells of ceramic that are adhered directly to the front surfaces of your teeth. If you are considering porcelain veneers as a solution to your imperfect smile, here are some of your possible questions answered:
- How will my veneers look? Porcelain veneers provide you with a realistic, bright and beautiful smile thanks to glass-like ceramic that closely resembles the translucent effect and color of natural tooth enamel.
- What are the advantages of porcelain veneers? The natural look provided by porcelain veneers gives them a distinct advantage over other types of cosmetic dental bonds. Porcelain veneers are not susceptible to staining, with a surface that is smooth and impervious.
- How should I prepare for porcelain veneers? The process of placing veneers is simple and requires little preparation on your part. Talk to your dentist about the procedure to make sure you know what to expect before and after your veneers are placed.
- Why do I need porcelain veneers? Veneers are utilized to cosmetically enhance the appearance of chipped, misaligned, stained, or discolored teeth.
- Can you explain the process of placing dental veneers? An experienced cosmetic dentist should be able to complete the placement process in no more than three visits. The first visit will be a consultation about the size and shape of veneers that would best suit your needs. At the second visit, your dentist will prepare your teeth by removing some enamel from the surface of the teeth and placing temporary veneers. The last visit will be to place your permanent veneers.
If you are suffering from teeth imperfections that cause you concern and embarrassment, porcelain veneers may be the solution to your problem. Consult with the cosmetic dentists at Broadmoor Family Dental in Shreveport LA to learn more about porcelain veneers and how they can help you achieve a better, brighter smile.