Maintaining good oral health is crucial to every member of your family. Studies have shown a direct link between dental health and overall general health.
Your family dentist offers a wide array of preventative care options to aid in the prevention of decay, disease and damage including:
- Supplemental fluoride treatments that are easily applied in a flavored rinse form. Fluoride offers an additional layer of protection to teeth and helps them to stay healthy and strong.
- Dental sealants that are painted onto teeth to fill the cracks and small areas that are difficult to clean thoroughly.
- Custom-fit protective mouth guards for use when playing sports to protect the teeth, lips and tongue from trauma.
- Computer monitoring of gum disease to identify and prevent the onset and progression of gum disease.
- Night guards that can be custom made to protect teeth of patients who are prone to grinding their teeth at night.
- Dental appliances that are designed to reposition the tongue and jaw to help reduce sleep apnea caused by obstructed airflow when sleeping.
- X-rays and screenings to detect potential problems like cavities, gum disease, and even oral cancer.
- Orthodontics to repair misaligned teeth that can be difficult to clean, making them prone to decay.
- Professional cleaning to keep your teeth free from plaque that causes a host of dental problems.
Poor dental health interferes with your quality of life. A healthy smile not only improves your appearance but also improves your confidence. Preventive dentistry options provided by your family dentist can save you time and money by helping you avoid more extensive restorative dental treatments. Schedule a visit to the family dentists at Broadmoor Family Dental in Shreveport, LA to determine which preventive dental care treatments would best help your family improve their dental health and ensure them a lifetime of healthy smiles.