A gorgeous smile makes a lasting impression. In this day and age, people have a variety of choices to keep their pearly whites looking sensational.
Consider these simple steps to enjoying a fantastic image:
- Visit the dentist regularly. Routine cleanings and checkups will go a long way to keep your teeth healthy. These appointments also allow Dr. Mike Sagarian to monitor your oral health and address any problems before they escalate.
- Practice proper home care. If you don’t make brushing and flossing a priority, your smile will suffer. Tooth decay and gum disease can wreak havoc on your oral health and appearance.
- Consider orthodontic treatment. Did you know that a straight smile not only looks better, but it is also easier to keep clean? Modern treatment options such as Invisalign aligners allow you to achieve a perfect smile without traditional metal braces.
- Explore cosmetic dentistry options. Even simple procedures, like teeth whitening or bonding, can have a big impact on your smile. Make a consultation appointment with Dr. Mike Sagarian to review all your options.
- Change your diet. Acidic foods can cause enamel erosion and dark beverages can stain teeth, so try to consume these items in moderation.
- Kick the tobacco habit. Smoking can make you prone to periodontal disease, which can result in gum regression, loose teeth, and even tooth loss.
- Smile more often. Most people feel better when they smile, and others respond well to your positive energy, so give it a try.
Do you want to rejuvenate your appearance? Do you find yourself looking the mirror, turning your head from side to side, wondering when you started to look so tired or so old? Maybe you’re considering Botox or fillers or some other cosmetic procedure or surgery. If this sounds familiar to you, why not look into rejuvenating your smile? A smile makeover can change a lot about your face, and it might just enable you to skip the plastic surgery altogether!
When you get a smile makeover, you might start small with teeth whitening, or you might do something more dramatic such as dental veneers. Whatever you choose to do, your smile will look fantastic in the end, and just that one thing can change so much about your face.
As we age, our teeth can grind down. It’s a matter of simple use and is a natural part of our aging process. Dental veneers can lengthen stubby teeth, automatically taking years off of your appearance.
Missing or gapped teeth can lead to the other teeth collapsing in upon the empty space, starting a shifting process that can, over time, affect the entire face. Dental implants or a dental bridge can fill the gaps left by missing teeth. Restorative work can change the shape of a patient’s cheeks and lips, restoring a fullness associated with youth.
When your smile is beautiful, you possess a natural confidence that radiates from your face. You aren’t afraid to laugh, smile or talk with others, because you know your smile is attractive. In the past, you may have hidden your teeth, but now, you can forget those old self-conscious habits and live your life, confident and self-assured.
A beautiful smile can transform your appearance. Don’t turn to plastic surgery; call the Shreveport cosmetic dentists at Broadmoor Family Dental and begin enjoying your rejuvenating smile makeover today.Read More »
Statistics show that losing natural teeth is still a common occurrence in oral health today. You might be surprised to know that it is estimated that 70% of Americans have lost at least one tooth by middle age. That’s why dentistry has worked hard to come up with an ideal solution as a permanent, comfortable, and attractive way to restore smiles. Dental implants are the answer.
Getting a dental implant consists of having a metal rod, usually made of titanium, surgically inserted into the jaw bone. Once the area has healed from surgery, a crown is typically placed on top to complete the restoration. This procedure results in a very secure and comfortable new tooth that shouldn’t cause problems again.
There’s a long history of other types of tooth replacement options, such as dentures and bridges. Why are dental implants considered to be the preferred choice today?
- Appearance – the crown that is placed on top of an implant is aesthetically pleasing, giving you a natural smile.
- Tooth preparation – no preparation or reduction to neighboring teeth is necessary with dental implants. The natural tooth structure of existing teeth is preserved.
- Comfort – similar to your natural teeth, implants go into your jaw bone. This offers the same comfort and security as real teeth.
- Durability – implants are made to last forever. With good care, you can expect them to last the rest of your life.
- Diet – there are no dietary restrictions with implants. With dentures and bridges, you might miss out on some foods that could loosen or break your appliance. Implants allow you to eat whatever you’d like.
- Maintenance – cleaning implants is the same as cleaning natural teeth. Brushing and flossing is performed normally, and no soaking or external care of appliances is required because the restoration is permanently installed in your mouth.
If you’re looking for a long-term and durable solution for missing teeth, ask your dentist about implants. The success rate is high, and the convenience and comfort can rarely be beaten by other alternatives.Read More »