A gorgeous smile makes a lasting impression. In this day and age, people have a variety of choices to keep their pearly whites looking sensational.
Consider these simple steps to enjoying a fantastic image:
- Visit the dentist regularly. Routine cleanings and checkups will go a long way to keep your teeth healthy. These appointments also allow Dr. Mike Sagarian to monitor your oral health and address any problems before they escalate.
- Practice proper home care. If you don’t make brushing and flossing a priority, your smile will suffer. Tooth decay and gum disease can wreak havoc on your oral health and appearance.
- Consider orthodontic treatment. Did you know that a straight smile not only looks better, but it is also easier to keep clean? Modern treatment options such as Invisalign aligners allow you to achieve a perfect smile without traditional metal braces.
- Explore cosmetic dentistry options. Even simple procedures, like teeth whitening or bonding, can have a big impact on your smile. Make a consultation appointment with Dr. Mike Sagarian to review all your options.
- Change your diet. Acidic foods can cause enamel erosion and dark beverages can stain teeth, so try to consume these items in moderation.
- Kick the tobacco habit. Smoking can make you prone to periodontal disease, which can result in gum regression, loose teeth, and even tooth loss.
- Smile more often. Most people feel better when they smile, and others respond well to your positive energy, so give it a try.
If you have been living with a mouth full of badly decayed teeth, infected gums or painful tooth infections, your dentist may have talked to you about how dentures can transform your smile. While no one wants to extract all of his or her teeth and have no remaining natural teeth, if your teeth have been a source of pain and embarrassment to you for years, having a beautiful new set of dentures could sincerely change your life.
Dentures are very natural-appearing replacements for an entire mouth of missing natural teeth and gum tissue. Dentures are removable and can be cleaned thoroughly each day, unlike examples like dental crowns or dental bridges that are permanently affixed to your mouth.
Badly decayed teeth and other oral issues can lead to chronic pain that spreads from the mouth to other areas of the face, head and neck. This pain can disrupt your life, leaving you irritable and moody, causing you to isolate yourself. Pain medications can lead you to feel groggy or off-balance, affecting your interactions with others in a negative manner. Once those teeth are removed and any underlying infection is addressed, you will be shocked at how much better you feel. The absence of this once-ongoing pain will feel as though you are free of a great burden you hadn’t realized you were carrying.
Years of poor oral health might have left you unwilling to smile broadly, or to be uncomfortable in public speaking, laughing or eating and drinking. You may avoid friends and family and you might choose not to form new relationships easily. Once your damaged teeth have been removed and you have been fitted for dentures, you will be amazed at the “new you.” The bright, perfect white smile that greets you in the mirror may look like a movie star’s smile, but in fact, it’s your smile. With your new dentures, you can feel confident as you move through life.
If you live in the Shreveport LA area and you need dentures, contact our office today.Read More »
If you have kicked the smoking habit, congratulations!!! Your whole body thanks you, including your mouth. Now that you’ve tossed your tobacco, you may need some extra dental care to help with any damage that was created by using tobacco.
Even if you practiced good dental hygiene during the time you used tobacco products, the chemicals likely still stained and damaged your teeth. Schedule an appointment with your dentist for a thorough cleaning. Sometimes an even deeper cleaning is recommended to get rid of stubborn plaque and discoloration.
Examination for oral health problems
Your dentist will also examine your mouth for signs of gum disease and other problems. If any infection is present, antibiotics may be prescribed. Other issues like exposed roots or cavities may require further treatment such as root canals. You want to take care of problems right away so that your mouth function and your smile will get better instead of worse.
After your teeth have been professionally cleaned and treated as necessary, you may want to consider cosmetic procedures if you’re still unhappy with your smile. Professional teeth whitening may help brighten your smile, or you might need something like dental implants to replace any teeth that couldn’t be saved. Veneers might also be helpful if your teeth are too discolored from long years of tobacco use. Let your dentist know if you have any additional goals for your smile, because there are likely additional treatments that could benefit you.
If you are dissatisfied with your smile, maybe you’ve wondered about cosmetic dentistry. You might’ve talked yourself out of pursuing it because you’re unsure about focusing only on your appearance. But that’s not all that cosmetic dentistry offers you! It can go beyond what your smile looks like.
One reason to take the step toward cosmetic dentistry is to prevent diseases. Problems with your teeth like decay or misalignment may not look attractive in your smile, but they can also lead to gum disease. Minor gum disease called gingivitis can advance to severe gum disease called periodontitis, and your oral and overall health can truly suffer as a result. The right cosmetic procedure like dental implants can help you avoid gum disease.
Some cosmetic procedures can prevent future oral damage. For example, dental bonding can make a tooth stronger and avoid wear on already weakened areas. Another plus is that once you’ve improved your smile, you’ll be more inclined to keep it perfect by practicing good oral hygiene. You may even change your diet to avoid items that stain such as sodas, or you might quit smoking. These changes will improve your health!
If your smile has been holding you back, you may see benefits in both your professional and personal life. If you have more confidence and are quicker to smile, it can give the appearance of motivation and happiness in your career. Your newfound pride in your smile may cause you to become more social and outgoing than before, enhancing your relationships and attracting positivity in your direction.
The speed of cosmetic dentistry may entice you as well. Sometimes in as few as one office visit with procedures like teeth whitening or bonding, you can immediately enjoy a brand new smile. You might be surprised too by the ease of upkeep with most cosmetic treatments. Often you can continue your normal hygiene routine without cumbersome maintenance.
All of these are good reasons to book your cosmetic dentistry appointment at Broadmoor Family Dental. Find out how you can improve your appearance while reaping the other benefits it has to offer.Read More »
Why not do something for yourself that might be able to turn your whole outlook on life around? If you are a person embarrassed by your smile because of how it looks, then consider a smile makeover through your cosmetic dentist.
Cosmetic dentists listen to what you have to say about your smile – your dislikes and your goals – and offer advice on how to help you achieve the new look you desire. Efforts are concentrated on improving the appearance of your smile, which then gives the added bonus of better self-esteem and improved oral condition.
Common reasons patients seek smile makeovers include tooth chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration, misalignment, and more. You and your dentist can work together to decide which procedures or treatments most suit your goals, lifestyle, and wallet.
Here are some smile makeover techniques available through qualified and experienced cosmetic dentists:
- Bonding is a very simple and cost-effective way to repair chips, gaps, and stains. A composite resin material is applied to the area and then molded and polished to blend with your smile.
- Teeth whitening is quick and painless, and can produce a major smile improvement. Professional methods at a cosmetic dental office provide the most dramatic results using high concentration bleaching agents and laser lights.
- Dental veneers are thin porcelain covers securely bonded to the fronts of teeth to hide all kinds of imperfections. They give a brand new smile of your choice.
- Crowns go on top of a broken or otherwise damaged tooth. Once the original tooth is prepared to a specific size, a crown is placed over it and then securely bonded in place. Crowns are often made of porcelain for a natural appearance and durable lifetime.
- Dental implants are the newest way to replace missing teeth. A titanium rod is surgically placed into the jaw bone to simulate a new tooth root, and a crown is usually placed on top to provide a fully functional and attractive new tooth.
These are just a few of the treatments offered by the cosmetic dentists at Broadmoor Family Dental in Shreveport, LA. A consultation to see how your smile makeover can be achieved may turn your life around!Read More »